2012-13 Budget Outlook

(An email to all staff on February 2, 2012)

Last month, I provided an update on our revenue outlook for 2012-13. Since that update, I’ve been working with district staff and colleagues around the state to refine our revenue projections and begin “rolling up” expenditures for next year. At the school board work session last night, I shared an overview of what we know at this point regarding projected revenue and expenditures for the 2012-13 school year.

Here’s the short version (based on feedback from staff who just want to see the numbers):

Our projected revenue will be down approximately $280,000.

Our projected expenditures will be up approximately $973,000.

We project a deficit of approximately $1.25 million for the 2012-13 school year.

Long version:

Included below is a copy of the handouts I provided at the school board work session. The spreadsheet and “assumptions” provide additional details regarding how we arrived at the numbers above.

Over the next week, I will work with your principals and supervisors to schedule opportunities to explain the projected numbers in more detail and gather your input and suggestions for moving forward in the budgeting process. In the meantime, please feel free to send me any questions you might have.

Thank you again for working so hard to keep a quality focus on teaching and learning.

Files

This entry was posted in Budget. Bookmark the permalink.