Story-Me and Uncle Romie
Suffix -er, -est, -ly, -ful
A suffix is a word part that is added to the end of a root word to form a new word.
-er = more or one who____
-est = most
-ly = in a way
-ful = full of
• The theme is the main message of a story.
• An author often uses theme to explain an idea.
• Sometimes a writer states the theme directly, and
sometimes readers must think about the story and what
happens to the characters and figure out the theme
• When you follow written directions you should:
o read the directions all the way through
before following them.
o look for numbers or time-order words,
such as first, second, third, next, then, and
finally to know the order to do the steps.
o picture each step in your mind so you can
make sure that you have everything you
need to complete the task
• Articles are words that help readers and listeners
know which one we are discussing.
• a is used before a word that has an initial
• an is used in front of a word with a vowel sound.
• a and an are used for singular nouns.
• the is used for specific singular and plural nouns.
Vocabulary and spelling
Monthly calendar focus- Fractions
Cause and effect
Word processing skills- typing, copy and paste, using multiple windows.
Researching online and completing a data sheet