Creswell School District
Creswell High School
Physical Education 2016-2017
Instructor: Paul Goldspink Phone: (541) 895-6047 _Fax: (541) 895-6089
email: email@example.comCredit: .5
Length: 1 Semester Room: Gymnasium _Prerequisites: None
General Course Description
This course is required and will fill your requirements for graduation from Creswell High School. While this class is by design a freshman level class, upperclassmen on occasion may be enrolled.
Course Content & Outcomes
Shuffleboard,Hockey, Badminton,Volleyball, Ultimate frisbee, Weightlifting, Football, Softball, Golf
Fitness activities, Four-square , Walking/jogging, Soccer, Basketball, Kickball, Dodgeball, Wall-ball
Tag,Capture the flag & other games and activities.
- Students will demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Students will apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and rules related to movement and performance.
- Students will exhibit an understanding of appropriate and positive behavior management (social skills) and respect for all individual differences, including gender, ethnicity, and physical ability during physical activity.
- Students will participate in a variety of physical and recreational activities available in the school and community.
- Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Students will understand and apply safety in movement activities.
Physical Education is for the most part an activity class. Therefore, the majority (85-95%) of a student’s grade will be based on earning daily participation points. To earn their participation point for a given day, a student will need to meet the following criteria:
1 Point May Be Earned Each Day
- Attendance, = In class on time and ready to learn
- Participation, =Put forth consistent and adequate effort in all activities
- Dressing down, =Wearing clothes appropriate for class activities
- Sportsmanship, =Managing attitude and social behaviors
- Rules, =Adhering to activity, class, and school rules
Points may also be earned for the following
- AssignmentsClassroom assignments, homework and test scores
- Special ProjectsAssignments that are student driven and instructor approved
Making Up Work:
All points missed due to unexcused absences may be made up by students. The completion of all makeup work is the responsibility of the students. Arrangements need to be made with the teacher to complete makeup work. (Make up work will take place before school or during lunch) Points missed due to excused absences do not need to be made up.
If a student has lost their daily point for other reasons, they may be able earn replacement or extra credit points by their performance during special in class assignments, or out of class activities, as approved by the instructor.
90% – 100%= A
80% – 89%= B
70% – 79%= C
60% – 69%= D
0% – 59%= Fail
WE ARE: Respectful, Responsible & Safe
- Be in class on time and ready to learn
- Maintain the classroom-learning environment.
- Follow school and district student code of conduct policies.
- Use equipment appropriately.
- Follow teacher instructions.
Assigned if a student enters the class environment after the tardy bell has rung.
3rd Tardy20 minute Detention will be assigned.
4th – 6th Tardy 30, 40 & 60 minute Detention will be assigned.
7th Tardy + School Administration will be involved.