School and District Report Cards
The Oregon Department of Education produces yearly report cards for schools and districts. These reports were mandated by the 1999 state legislature and provide educators with an opportunity to communicate directly with parents and community members about how local schools are performing.
You may view School and District Report Cards on the Oregon Department of Education websites.
District Reports on Use of Physical Restraint and Seclusion
The use of physical restraint and/or seclusion is only permitted as part of a behavioral support plan when other less restrictive interventions would not be effective and the student’s behavior poses a threat of imminent, serious physical harm to the student or others.
- 2017-18 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2016-17 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2015-16 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2014-15 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2013-14 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2012-13 Summary Report – No Data to Report
- 2011-12 Summary Report – No Data to Report
Report to the Legislature on English Language Learner
The report to the Oregon Legislature on English Language Learners (ELL) is an annual publication required by ORS 327.016, which reports on financial information for ELL programs and the objectives and needs of students eligible for and enrolled in an ELL program. The report provides information on the demographics of students in ELL programs in each school district. In addition, this report provides a tool that makes data on ELLs accessible to researchers, media, students, and parents.
- 2016-17 Report – English, Spanish (PDF Source: ODE)
- 2015-16 Report – English, Spanish (PDF Source: ODE)
- 2014-15 Report – English (PDF Source: ODE)
Healthy and Safe Schools Plan
Each school district, education service district (ESD), and public charter school must develop a Healthy and Safe Schools Plan for all buildings owned or leased by the school district or public charter school where students and staff are present on a regular basis. This is a new requirement. The relevant rules, OAR 581-022-2223 and OAR 581-024-0275, were adopted by the State Board of Education in August 2016.
- Healthy and Safe Schools Plan (1/1/2017, PDF)
- Radon Plan (PDF) – OAR 581-022-2223(5)(c) states that the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan must include a plan to test for elevated levels of radon as required under ORS 332.167.
- Lead in Drinking Water – OAR 581-022-2223(5)(d) states that the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan must include a plan to test for and reduce exposure to lead in water used for drinking or food preparation.
- Integrated Pest Management Plan (PDF) – OAR 581-022-2223(5)(f) states that the Healthy and Safe Schools Plan must include a plan to implement integrated pest management (IPM) practices as required under ORS 634.700 through 634.750.
Division 22 Standards for Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
As required by OAR 581-022-2305 Operating Policies and Procedures, all Oregon school districts must report compliance with all state standards set forth in OAR chapter 581, division 22.