Dear Creswell Community,
I am sending you this letter to inform you that Adam Watkins has resigned from his position as Creswell High School Principal, effective June 30th. He will be finishing out the school year. As many of you may know, Mr. Watkins resides in the Salem area and commutes to Creswell daily and at times, on the weekends. I appreciate all that Mr. Watkins has done for the Creswell community and I fully support his decision to do what’s best for the needs of his family.
Mr. Watkins has been an employee in the Creswell School District since 2017. During his time as principal at CHS, several areas of the program have experienced positive results. As the high school course offerings and student achievement data demonstrates, the following improvements have occurred at CHS since 2017.
• The OSAS ELA assessment proficiency levels are at the top 10% of the state for high schools, with an improved achievement level of 87% (10% increase from 2017/18) meets/exceeds proficiency standards in 2018-19.
• Increased number of CTE courses from one to four, and will be adding two more by the end of the 2019/20 school year.
• Increased Advanced Placement courses.
• Double the number of College Now course offerings and opportunities for students.
• The cohort graduation rate has increased by 10% for all students to an astounding 87%, and by 2% for students experiencing economic disadvantages. The high school completion rate increased as well, from 89% to 94%.
We began the search process to hire our next great principal this week with an attributes inventory survey with the high school staff. We will post the position for a nation-wide search by Friday and plan to make the hire by March 20th.
Superintendent Creswell School District