Dear Parents and Guardians,
In an effort to ensure that the unique needs of military-connected students are met, school districts in Oregon are required to identify ‘students of military families’ beginning with the 2017-18 school year. The purpose of collecting this data is to remove barriers to educational success imposed on children of military families because of frequent moves and deployment of their parents.
Students that meet this criteria include:
– Students who are placed with a temporary guardian while one or both parents are deployed,
– Students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are full-time Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard active or training duty,
– Students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are full-time National Guard members,
– Students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are Active Duty Reserves, or
– Students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are Dual Status Military Technicians.
If your student(s) meets one of the criteria above, then please contact your student’s school office staff to update your student’s registration information.