PSU: Free For Four Years
PSU covers tuition and fees for income-eligible Oregon freshmen starting fall 2017
At Portland State, we want you to graduate on time with as little debt as possible. Allow us to introduce Four Years Free. If you are an eligible Oregon resident, we will cover standard tuition and mandatory fees.
- Current resident of Oregon
- Graduate from an Oregon high school
- Admissible to PSU as a first-year freshman for the fall 2017 term
- Have a 3.4 cumulative unweighted high school GPA
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell grant as determined by the Free Application for
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enrolled full-time at PSU, 15 credits per term
If you qualify, you must apply for federal and state grants. The program covers remaining standard tuition and mandatory fees after financial aid is applied.
Four Years Means Four Years
Students who receive the Four Years Free award can keep receiving it throughout their undergraduate education (up to 12 consecutive terms of enrollment) by maintaining a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA, remaining eligible for the Pell Grant and completing the FAFSA application each year by Feb. 1.
- Apply to PSU by May 1, 2017
- Submit all required admission materials
- Official high school transcripts
- SAT or ACT scores
- Submit the FAFSA by February 1, 2017
- PSU FAFSA school code: 003216Accept all state and federal grants awarded
Future Freshman Scholarship
PSU’s Online Incoming Freshmen Scholarship Application: Opening August 1, 2016
Incoming freshmen should also apply for scholarships on PSU’s Online Scholarship Application. Students are NOT automatically considered for these scholarships and must complete the Online Undergraduate Scholarship Application if they want to be considered for these awards. Please complete the online scholarship application by December 1.
Scholarships awarded through the Incoming Freshmen Scholarship Application include:
Presidential Scholarship – This is a tuition waiver award. It is awarded to incoming freshmen based on high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores. Funds are very limited. Award amount is PSU regular rate tuition for 12 cr per term, fall, winter, spring. It is renewable for up to four years. Full-time enrollment at PSU is required.
Undergraduate Laurels Scholarship – This is a tuition waiver award. It is awarded to incoming freshmen based on high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores. Award amount is $5000/year, renewable for up to four years. Full-time enrollment at PSU is required. Funds are very limited.
APPLY TO PSU!