2020 Creswell Athletics Booster Club Scholarship
Each year the Creswell Booster Club awards one male and one female athlete with a $500 Scholarship. Only graduating seniors of Creswell High School are eligible for the scholarships.
Each applicant must complete the following requirements:
1. Submit a short, no more than 250 words, essay titled, “What has Creswell Athletics Meant to Me?” Do NOT include your name in the body of the essay to assure anonymity during selection.
2. Submit an activities resume of academic and athletic career achievements. Resume should focus on academics and athletics, which includes number of years played special recognitions, and leadership positions on any team. Do NOT include your name in the body of the essay to assure anonymity during selection.
3. Include a current school academic transcript with your application.
Complete and submit application by 4:00pm on Friday May 22nd, 2020. Incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications will not be accepted. Please read requirements carefully.
1. Transcripts will be used in case of a tie between applicants, but grades are not the primary focus of the scholarship.
2. Awards will be made for vocational and trade schools as well as academic institutions.
3. The Award must be used within one year of the start of fall term after graduating from high school.
4. If the scholarship recipient does not attend advanced schooling within one year of the start of fall term after graduating from high school the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to the runner-up with equal qualifications.
5. It is your responsibility to make sure you have submitted a complete application. The application should include ALL of the following: Online application, transcript, essay, resume.
This application process can only be done through your CHS Google Account. You will need to start a new folder in your Google Drive.
- Name this folder with your student ID #
- READ THIS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW EXACTLY. ALL STEPS BELOW– Once you have your information in your Google Drive folder (Essay, Resume and Transcript) you will need to “share with anyone with a link”. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW YOUR FOLDER AND YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE INCOMPLETE.
- In “My Drive.” Double click to open the folder. Click the down arrow after the folder name and select “share.”
- Click on “Get Shareable link” (green icon), then select “Anyone with the link can view”.
- Copy the link and paste it into your completed 2020 online application. The location where you paste in your link is the third question from the bottom.
- Be sure you have answered all the questions before you hit “Submit”. You are allowed only one submission, so be sure you have all documents attached and all questions answered.