Hello everyone, and welcome back from spring break!
The Creswell Scholarship Association is offering scholarships to graduating seniors at CHS for students attending a trade/vocational school or a college or university. Applications are due to Ms. Tharp on Friday, April 28th at 3:45pm. For a link to the PDF application, click here: Creswell Scholarship Association Application.
Hello everyone, and happy Wednesday!
There is a new scholarship posted in the “State of Oregon Scholarships” tab under Scholarships 101. It is the Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship, which awards $500-$1000 scholarships based on writing on the following topic: “How would you solve the public health crisis of gun violence?” Applications are due March 6, 2017.
The Far West Agribusiness Association scholarship program has been designed to provide outstanding high school and collegiate undergraduate students with a chance to pursue their educational goals in college. Scholarships are one year in length and will e awarded in amounts up to $1000 per student.
Applications must be in by March 31st 2017.
Go to http://www.fwaa.org/ and search Scholarships to complete your application.
The Oregon PTA Teacher Education Scholarship is for Oregon residents who are studying to get their teaching degree at an Oregon PUBLIC college or university. The scholarship is a one-time award of $500 and is not renewable. Scholarship recipients may re-apply in the subsequent years.
All Applications must be received no later than March 30, 2017
Harrington Family Foundation,
The Harrington Family Foundation strives to unlock the potential for leadership and success within every children in the state of Oregon. Each year Joey Harrington awards the Oregon Community Quarterback Scholarship to Four Oregon high school seniors who have demonstrated an aptitude for leadership and plan to attend an instate college, university or trade school.
Apply now for the 4 year scholarship
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 31ST. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS AWARDED MAY 1ST, 2017.
Here is a checklist that will help you stay on track with your college process. ASPIRE wants to make sure you are fully prepared for the next step in your academic career. Please read through carefully and see if there are any available resources that you might of missed.
- www.fafsa.gov- FAFSA
- www.osac.state.or.us- OSAC
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP SOURCES
- The College/ University
- Degree Department at College/University
- Foundations at your schools
- Current and Past Employers
- Future Employers
- Groups and Clubs
- Professional or service Organizations
- Religious Affiliations
- Non- Profit Groups and Community groups
- https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep- Khan Academy Test Prep
- www.collegeboard.com -SAT/PSAT
- www.act.student.org -ACT
Here are Scholarship links to all the Community, Public and Private colleges in Oregon. Please note that many deadlines are quickly approaching. If you have any questions feel free to come on down to the library and meet with an Aspire mentor!
- Portland Community College- http://pccscholarships.academicworks.com
- Lane Community College- http://www.lanecc.edu/foundation/scholarships
- Clackamas Community College- http://clackamas.acedmicworks.com/opportunities
- Chemeketa Community College- www.chemeketa.edu/aboutchemeketa/chemeketafoundations/scholarships/scholarshiplist.html
- Mt. Hood Community College- www.mhcc.edu/scholarships
- Central Oregon Community College- www.cocc.edu/financial-aid.scholahips/
- Rogue Community College- https://www.rogue.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/
- Southwestern Oregon Community College- www.socc.edu/scholarships
- Linn- Benton Community College – http://cf.linnbenton.edu/scholarships
- Blue Mountain Community College- www.bluecc.edu/enrollment-services/financial-aid/pay-for-college/scholarships
- Treasure Valley Community College-www.tvcc.cc/about/foundation/foundation_scholarships.cfm
- Umpqua Community College- www.umpqua.edu/scholarships
- Klamath Community College- https://www.klamathcc.edu/addmissions/finanical-aid/scholarships
- Clatsop Community College- http://www.clatsopcc.edu/student-resources/finanical-aid/scholarship-information
- Oregon Coast Community College- www.oregoncoastcc.org/scholarships
- Columbia Gorge Community College- www.cgcc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships
- Tillamook Bay Community College- www.tbcc.cc.or/idex.php/getting started/scholarships
- Oregon State University- https://financialaid.oregonstate.edu/explore_osuscholarships
- University of Oregon- https://finanicalaid.uoregon.edu/scholarships_freshmen
- Portland State University- www.pdx.edu/scholarships/home
- Western Oregon University- https://www.wou.edu/student/finaid/wou_scholarships.php
- Eastern Oregon University- https://eou.edu/fao/scholarships
- Southern Oregon University- https://sou.edu/enrollment/financial-aid/scholarships/index.html
- Oregon Health and Science University- www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-medicine/departments/divsion-of-management/financial-aid-and-scholarships.cfm
- Oregon Institute of Technology- www.oit.edu/college-costs/scholarships
- George Fox University- www.georgefox.edu/collge-admissions/scholarships
- Pacific University- www.pacificu.edu/future-undergraduate/undergraduate-admissions/international/scholarships.
- Willamette University- https://willamette.edu/offices/finaid/scholarships
- Warner Pacific College- www.warnerpacific.edu/admissions/financialaid/freshmen-scholarships
- Marylhurst University- www.marylhurst.edu/finanical-aid/apply-scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/index.html
- Concordia University-www.cu-portland.edu/admission//financial-aid/grants-scholarships-work-study
- Pioneer Pacific College- www.pioneerpacifice.edu/admissions.financial-aid/
- University of Western States- www.uws.edu/admssions/tuituin-and-financial-aid/scholarships-uws/
- Art Institute of Portland- https://www.artinstitutes.edu/scholarships/high-school/
- Lewis & Clark College- https://www.iclark.edu/offices/ financial- info
- Linfield College- www.linfield.edu/financial-aid/scholarships.html
- American College of Health and Science- www.achs.edu/scholarships-funding
- Cascade College- www.schoolsoup.com/scholarships-directory/college/cascade-college/
- Corban University- https://undergrad.corban.edu/financial-aid/grant-scholarships
- Everest College – www.everestonline.edu/admission/institutional-scholarships
- ITT Technical Institute- www.itt-tech.edu/fa2.cfm
- Mount Angel Seminary- www.mountangelabbey.org/admission
- Multnomah University- www.multnomah.edu/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/undergratue/financial-aid
- Northwest Christian University- www.nwcu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/undergraduate
- Northwest University Salem Campus- https://salem.northwest.edu/financialaid/
- Reed College- www.reed.edu/financialaid/index.html
- University of Portland- www.up.edu/finaid/defualt.aspx?cid=7894
Just wanted to remind everyone that FAFSA is currently open. Please try to submit your application prior to March 1st 2017 to ensure your full award package.
The OSAC is open till March 1st 2017. The OSAC provides millions of dollars to Oregon residents. This is not just financial based scholarship(s). There are scholarships for everyone.
Lastly, the early admissions application deadline for several colleges is Thursday December 1st, 2016. Please make sure to check your desired schools deadlines to see if this applies to you.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to drop into the ASPIRE office! We would love to help you with your college journey!
Each year COSA sponsors or assists in processing ten $1,000 college
scholarships. These scholarships are for Oregon high school seniors
attending 2 or 4 year Oregon colleges. The applications must be
postmarked by MARCH 1, 2017. Results will be announced by May 1,
Two $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year to graduating seniors from
Oregon public high schools. The scholarships may be used for a 2- or
4-year university, trade, or professional/technical school. These two
scholarships are for a son, daughter, or dependent child of an OASSA
member who meet the criteria listed on the application. The
applications must be postmarked by MARCH 20, 2017.Results will be
announced by May 1, 2017.
This is just a reminder for all students planning on attending community college to check out the Oregon Promise program through OSAC. This grant (meaning money that you don’t have to pay back!) covers some or all of your community college tuition. The early application deadline is April 1, 2017. It’s always best to apply early, especially for scholarship programs!