Creswell Golf Team 2007
Code of Conduct
Coach Herb Newell 895-4433, 746-5996 work
Assistant Coach Leif Place 998-6013
Team Captain: Thomas Newell (junior) 895-4433
· RULE NO. 1 HAVE FUN, ENJOY THE GAME!
· Dress code: Players are expected to follow the rules according to PGA DRESS CODE. This applies to both Practice and Tournaments No tee shirts or jeans. Only shirts with collars and golf (khaki) pants or dress shorts (not cut offs) will be allowed at all times.
· Respect: For the Golf Course, this is shown by not throwing clubs, and by replacing any divots, ball marks on the greens and fair ways and keeping your temper and your mouth under control at all times.
· Respect: For People, towards the coaching staff and each other as players; and demonstrated to the competition, by being a gentleman. Thanking the manager and the staff that maintains the course should become a habit. Obeying a Course Marshall is Mandatory.
· Respect: For Yourself Any crude language or behavior that is contrary to PGA standards may result in the player losing the privilege of continuing play on that day, or may result in disqualification for the whole team. Set a good example by your own behavior. Any player whose behavior disqualifies his team mates; after review by the coach’s may result in the player being removed from the team.
TEN COMMANDMENTS OF MINDPOWER GOLF
1. THOU SHALT HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE.
2. THOU SHALT ALWAYS BELIEVE IN THYSELF.
3. THOU SHALT PLAY THINE OWN GAME.
4. THOU SHALT PLAY ONE SHOT AT A TIME.
5. THOU SHALT PLAY WITH PATIENCE.
6. THOU SHALT COMMIT TO EVERY SHOT.
7. THOU SHALT KEEP THY GAME SIMPLE.
8. THOU SHALT PLAY WITH NO EXPECTATIONS.
9. THOU SHALT PLAY WITH TRUST.
10. THOU SHALT NEVER, EVER GIVE UP.
As a player I agree to this code of conduct and will commit myself to following this Code, the O.S.A.A. RULES and to maintain my studies while playing this sport.
Player: ________________________ Date: _____________, 2007
As a parent I will support my student golfer to be able to do well in both Academics and the Game of Golf and will encourage his (her) participation and abide by O.S.A.A. RULES if I attend a tournament.
Parent or Guardian:_____________________ Date: _____________, 2007
Parents email address: _______________________Phone:____________________
This form must be signed and returned by: Feb. 19, 2007 First Practice Date