School calendar to stay unaffected
Wed 2/25/2009 1:58 PM
Given the recent actions of the Oregon Legislature, it appears unlikely that Creswell School District will need to reduce the number of contract days with employees this year. For now, discussions on how to survive the December and assumed cuts for the balance of this year will continue in contingencies other than staffing reductions or fewer school days.
The District will endeavor to control costs as much as possible for the balance of 2008-09 because the anticipated revenue shortfall for state operations in the coming biennium is severe. We will have a discussion of the District's options and revenue scenarios at the March school board meeting. Anyone interested in the latest funding twists and turns is invited to the Wednesday morning (6:30 a.m.) [changed to 6:00 a.m.] meetings of the Finance Committee held in the board room.
Rick Stuber, Superintendent
Creswell School Board Ad Hoc Finance Committee
The finance committee meets every Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. in the district board room. The public is welcome to attend.
Scroll down to review the committees meeting minutes.
The purpose of the Finance Committee is to provide a forum for timely and accurate exchange of financial information.
School Board representatives; Kathy Thompson, Chris Matthiesen, David Eusted
Budget Committee representatives; Ron Blatch, Lonn Robertson
Teacher representatives: Ken Donner, Bill Martin
Classified representatives: Sandi Scaife
Administrator representatives: Jan Ophus, Shirley Burrus, Jacque Robertson, Ellen Adler, Jennifer Heiss
1. Acquire an in-depth understanding of school budgets and finances applicable to Creswell School District.
a. Evaluate revenue sources.
b. Evaluate the distribution of funds for expenditure
2. Compare Creswell District financial data with other districts.
a. Align district resources with best-practices expenditures
b. Develop a long-range vision for the district
3. Communicate information to the various stakeholders within the school district.
1. The committee will select a chair and a person responsible for preparing reports to the Budget Committee and other members of the public pursuant to Goal 3. Reports shall be posted on the district web site.
2. The committee will meet at the pleasure of the chair and self-determine its means and methods for achieving self-sought goals as well as explore other fiscal or budget items as may be referred by the school board or superintendent.
3. The committee serves as an advisory tool of the school board and any recommendations will be directed as such. No decisions of the committee shall be considered final unless otherwise directed by the school board.
4. Committee meetings will be held in public and shall be advertised as such and published by the superintendent. The committee is encourage to set aside time for public input at each meeting and to otherwise solicit input by whatever means the committee finds expedient and worthwhile.
~ Meeting Minutes ~