PREPARING STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING THE 2005-2006 BUDGETS
Call to Order......6:30 p.m.
PJ01. Open Public Hearing for 2005-2006 proposed budgets. The Board will accept both written and oral input. Those who address the Board are asked to complete forms available so that the District has an accurate record of who provided input.
PH02. Adjourn Public Hearing.
Recognition of retiring School Board members.
CALL TO ORDER......7:00
01. Action, establish a quorum.
02. Pledge of Allegiance.
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS AND PRESS
03. Any visitor wishing to address the School Board is asked to fill out a form found at the room entrance and to give the completed information to the Board Chair. Other visitors are asked to sign in.
04. Action, approve agenda/add items.
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
05. Action, approve
Action, approve March 16, May 18,
06. Information, Trustees Reports.
07. Information, Supervisors Reports.
A. Recognize Americorps Volunteers
B. New Graduation Requirements, Lane ESD/Mr. Ophus
C. Food Services summary, Ms. Ogawa
D. Middle School Academic Team recognition, Mrs. Burrus
08. Information, Student Representative Report.
09. Information, Business Manager Report.
10. Information, Superintendent Report.
12. Action, approve:
a. Resolution adopting the 2005-2006 Budget
b. Resolution to appropriate funds, and
c. Resolution imposing and categorizing funds.
12.5 AD Stipend
13. Action, Personnel Report.
14. Action, adopt Homeless Student Policy JECBD and AR.
15. Action, Handbook revisions
16. Action, approve 2005-2006 Alternative Education programs.
17. Action, post District Office sale receipt.
18. Action, swearing-in ceremony for new board members.
August 17..........................................School Board Work Session
Time of adjournment: ______________
The Bridge Builder
An old man, going a lone highway, Came, at the evening, cold and gray,
To a chasm, vast, and deep, and wide, Through which was flowing a sullen tide.
The old man crossed in the twilight dim; The sullen stream had no fears for him;
But he turned, when safe on the other side, And built a bridge to span the tide.
“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim, near, “You are wasting strength with building here;
Your journey will end with the ending day; You never again must pass this way;
You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide-Why build you a bridge a the eventide?”
The builder lifted his old gray head: “Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said,
“There followeth after me today, A youth, whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm, that has been naught to me, To that fair-haired you may a pitfall be.
He too, must cross in the twilight dim’ Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.”
-Will Allen Dromgoole