BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Budget Committee meeting of
BUDGET COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT IN ADDITION TO CHAIR ROBERTSON:
BUDGET COMMITTEE MEMBERS NOT PRESENT:
ALSO PRESENT: Dr. Rick Stuber, Superintendent
Jennifer Heiss, Business Manager
Ellen Adler, Director of Special Education/NCLB
Joel Higdon, Technology Director
Jacque Robertson, Creslane Elementary Principal
Shirley Burrus, CMS Principal
Jan Ophus, CHS Principal
Marilyn Cruzan, Administrative Secretary
Gini Davis, The Chronicle
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order by Vice-Chair Lonn Robertson at 6:35 P.M.
Page 2 – Budget Committee Meeting Minutes – 5-16-07
01. Action, establish a quorum
A quorum of the board was present.
02. Pledge of Allegiance
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS AND PRESS
03. Any visitor wishing to address the Budget board is asked to fill out a form found at the room entrance and to give the completed information to the Board Chair. Other visitors are asked to sign in.
04. Action approve agenda/add items
Mrs. Thompson moved to approve the agenda as presented. Mr. Clark seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
05. Action, election of 2007-08 Budget Board Chair and Secretary
Mr. Clark nominated Dr. Robertson as budget board chair. Mrs. Thompson seconded. There were no other nominations and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
Dr. Robertson assumed the duties of budget board chair.
Mrs. Thompson nominated Mr. Litchfield as budget board vice-chair. Mr. Clark seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
Mrs. Jenkins nominated herself as budget board secretary. Mr. Litchfield seconded and THE NOMINATION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
06. Information, budget message, Dr. Stuber, Superintendent
Dr. Stuber referred to the budget document for his message.
07. Information, presentation of budget revenues, Mrs. Heiss,
Mrs. Heiss reviewed the projected general fund revenues, special revenue funds and other funds for the budget committee members.
Page 3 – Budget Committee Meeting Minutes – 5-16-07
08. Information, presentation of expenditures, Mrs. Heiss, Business Manager
Mrs. Heiss distributed revised function and object summary pages and reviewed expenditures.
09. Discussion, revenues/expenditures
There was discussion regarding revenues and expenditures for the 2007-2008 budget.
10. Action, Budget board recommendations to Creswell School Board
Mrs. Jenkins moved to approve and recommend the proposed 2007-2008
Budget in the amount of $30,050,336 to the Creswell School Board and assess the permanent tax rate at $4.6426 per thousand. Mr. Litchfield seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
The meeting adjourned at 7:48 p.m.
Budget Committee Chair
Budget Committee Secretary