January 2009 SUPERINTENDENTíS REPORT
1. Curriculum. Math Committee met December 4th.
2. Facilities. New Middle School construction continues on budget and on schedule. Bid opening for playing fields on January 13, and asbestos abatement RFP to be let soon with bid opening in late February.
3. Public Relations.
4. Staff. The HS Principal Selection Committee will be chaired by Mrs. Thompson. Committee membership will be released in a separate press release.
a. Agenda items.
The new MS tour begins at 6:00 p.m. Meet at the front of the old MS.
05. The superintendent search calendar indicates that the supt. contract evaluation was due January 2. The analysis has been received by the District and board copies are distributed with the agenda to board members only. The document will be used by the boardís superintendent search committee to develop and negotiate a contract for the new superintendent.
06.a. Raja Shah . Calendar was forwarded to CEA
13. GCQBA and GBC were posted. No input was received.
14. Personnel Report includes resignation of AD effective 9/1/09. Leadership suggests the new AD to begin 8/1/09.
15. The 2007-8 audit is attached to board packets.
16. The previous Finance Committee originally included: the business manager, one administrator, two board members and two budget committee members. As the FC evolved, one teacher and one OSEA member was added and building administrators frequently attended. Should the board re-establish the FC, I can provide copies of the old committee charge from which a new charge(s) can develop. The charge should be board-approved.
17. Each year all Lane County school boards vote on the Lane ESD Service Plan. The plan outlines how ESD funds will be spent to support the school district. A copy of last yearís plan and the board resolution will be emailed to board members.
18. Bids for the MS athletic fields will be available for board perusal/approval at the meeting. Bid opening will be 2:00 January 13.
b. Superintendent will be absent the 1st week of April.