to: Creswell Board of Directors and Dr. Rick Stuber
from: JOEL HIGDON, Technology Director
subject: Activity report
The Technology Department has increasingly been operating in a triage mode across the district. This has moved back some short-term and long-term projects on our priority lists.
· Security camera installation at school district facilities continues. This project was slated for completion before now but due to contactor issues and financial issues, the project is not completed. The current timeline is to have completion by mid March.
· The installation of network/PBX telephone service to the district maintenance shop and transportation shop/office is completed. These departments are now enjoying better communications.
· Pentamation update –
§ Monthly meetings have been setup with core Pentamation users of the district to discuss/resolve Pentamation issues.
§ The CHS and CMS both are now using the district’s Print-to-Mail printer for progress reports and report cards. This piece of technology saves time and money by having the reports printed ready for immediate delivery or mailing. (No long hours folding and stuffing envelopes) (Cost savings in time and supplies) Payroll/Human Resources have been using the Print-to-Mail printer since the first of the school year.
District-wide and ongoing:
· Technology maintenance and upkeep.
· District Technology Budget
· Curriculum support.
· Staff training on District’s technology.