to: Creswell Board of Directors and Dr. Rick Stuber
from: JOEL HIGDON, Technology Director
subject: Activity report
· As reported by Mrs. Burrus at a previous Board Meeting, Pentamation Teacher Workstations (TWS) have been implemented at the middle school. This department continues to work with middle school staff to fine tune the process. We are also looking ahead at the high school. Implementation plans are in the works. The ultimate goal is to have all staff at the high school on board with TWS by the start of next school year. So far, TWS have proven to be effective as well as a time and resource saver.
· District Office re-location technology update –
§ Most of the old communication wires* at the project area have been identified and safely removed. Identification was done by this department while most of the removal was carried out by contractors. The portion of the elementary facility that the DO is relocating into has two major cable/communication pathways that use the area to tie-in other parts of the facility. These pathways have been identified and working with the contractors will be able to remain intact. * Communication wires include data, telephone, intercom, fire alarm and intrusion alarm.
§ Coordination with local communication services has started. A pathway for telephone and data communications for the new DO from the street is being established.
District-wide and ongoing:
· Technology maintenance and upkeep.
· District Technology Budget
· Curriculum support.
· Staff training on District’s technology.