REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
The regular school board meeting of
the Board of Directors of Lane County School District #40,
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT IN ADDITION TO CHAIR KEN LEATHERMAN
BOARD MEMBERS NOT PRESENT:
ALSO PRESENT: Dr. Rick Stuber, Superintendent
Ellen Adler, Director of Special Education/NCLB
Jennifer Heiss, Business Manager
Jacque Robertson, Creslane Elementary Principal
Shirley Burrus, CMS Principal
Jan Ophus, CHS Principal
Marilyn Cruzan, Administrative Secretary
Hugh Turnbull, The Chronicle
01. Action, establish a quorum
Mr. Leatherman announced that a quorum of the board was present.
02. Pledge of Allegiance
03. Visitors: Mr. Leatherman announced that if an audience member would like to speak to the board on an agenda item this evening, there are forms to fill out by the door.
04. Action, approve agenda/add items
Mrs. Thompson moved to approve the agenda. Mr. Eusted seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
Page 2 – Regular Board Meeting Minutes –6-17-09
05. Action, approve the April 29, 2009 Budget Committee meeting minutes, May 13, 2009 regular board meeting minutes, June 3, 2009 Budget Committee meeting minutes.
Mr. Clark moved to approve all minutes as presented. Mr. Kounovsky seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
06. Information, Trustees Reports
a. Recognition of retiring school board members
Mr. Leatherman recognized Dr.
Stuber’s retirement from the district and thanked him for his many years of
service to the district. Dr. Stuber
presented retiring board members Mr. Kounovsky and Mr. Leatherman with plaques
and also thanked them for their service to
b. Swear in newly elected board members
Mr. Leatherman swore in new board members Elena Connelly, David Eusted, Tammy Leatherman and Jacquelyn Pruitt.
07. Information, Supervisors’ Reports
a. Alternative Education presentation
b. Bullying, Harassment…summary reports
There were no reports.
08. Student Representative Report
The student representative was not present. A written report was given to the board.
09. Information, Business Manager Report.
There were no questions on the Business Manager’s report. Mrs. Heiss gave a status report on the middle school fields project.
10. Information, Superintendent Report
There were no questions on the Superintendent’s report.
Audience member Mr. O’Connell expressed his concerns regarding student discipline to the board.
Page 3 – Regular Board Meeting Minutes – 6-17-09
12. Action, approve Personnel Report
Mr. Kounovsky moved to approve the revised personnel report. Mr. Eusted seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
13. Action, approve:
a. Resolution adopting 2009-2010 budget
b. Resolution to appropriate funds
c. Resolution imposing and categorizing taxes.
Mr. Clark moved to approve the resolutions adopting the 2009-2010 budget, appropriating funds and imposing and categorizing taxes. Mr. Kounovsky seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
14. Action, approve handbook changes.
Mr. Kounovsky moved to approve all changes to the middle school and high school handbooks. Mrs. Connelly seconded. Mr. Clark moved to amend the motion to change the language from alternative placement to provisional placement in the middle school handbook. Ms. Mattheisen seconded and
THE AMENDED MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
15. Action, ratify 12-day cut Memoranda
Mr. Clark moved to ratify the CEA, OSEA and all other CBA’s 12 day cut Memorandum of Understanding. Mr. Eusted seconded and THE MOTION CARRIE UNANIMOUSLY
16. Action, approve changes to athletic director’s job description
Mrs. Connelly moved to approve the changes to the Athletic Director’s job description. Ms. Mattheisen seconded and THE MOTION CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
17. Action, adopt policy/AR regarding corporate sponsorships.
Ms. Mattheisen moved to table this item until the August board meeting. Mrs. Thompson seconded and THE MOTION CARRRIED UNANIMOUSLY.
ADJOURNMENT: The board meeting adjourned at 8:45 P.M.
Ruby Price, Superintendent
Ken Leatherman, Chair