SUPERINTENDENTíS BOARD REPORT, MAY 2007
1. Curriculum.† The Language Arts Student Success Team has completed all group meetings for learner outcome revisions.† To date, the HS, MS, and Creslane have submitted all finalized versions.† Building teams have been reviewing curriculum materials.
2. Curriculum.† Continuous improvement.† We are gearing up to study the next curriculum area in CSP IM, physical education/health.† We will also review 6-12 music
3. Facilities.† Reid Anderson of GlaS will present at the May board meeting.
Facilities.† We continue to pursue a possible site for a soccer field.† We are mindful of potential wetland at our choice near Creslane, and we will also review the area north of the HS as discussed in the Work Session.
4. Student Services.†† A couple HS curriculum issues are incorporated into the 2007-08 goals.
5. Hiring Policy.
6. K-12 extracurricular policies and practices review.† Mr. Kounovsky convened two meeting and discussed his progress at the Work Session.† He has one more meeting scheduled.† Also, the 2007-8 goals recommend a revised Athletic Review Committee to continue with this aspect of oversight.†
7. Labor Management Committee.† †LMC meets May 23 and prior minutes are on the web.†
8. Negotiations.† Negotiators met May 3 and are scheduled for May 8 and 15 with teachers.† Other negotiations are ongoing as updated at the Work Session.†
a. Wellness Survey.† The survey results were emailed to board members and others.† A discussion on those results is scheduled for May board meeting.
b. Title IX.† The district participated in a Title IX audit through PACE, the districtís insurance carrier.† We completed our end of the audit this month and anticipate a turnaround from PACE this summer.† The audit will be both evaluative and prescriptive.† If there are areas for improvement we will be able to address them without the punitive overcast.