From the department of technology
public schools ~
“Preparing Students for success”
- As the school year draws to a close, the
Technology Department begins the prep work for summer technology
maintenance across the district. Some
highlights for the summer workload include:
- New antivirus software will be implemented
across the district.
- Student network login accounts will be
restructured to provide better security.
- Computer multimedia labs will be created at our
middle school and high school.
These labs will enrich district curricula and allow students the
ability to create digital movies and multimedia presentations.
- Continued creation of wireless network
“hotspots” throughout the District
- Key network infrastructure components will be replaced
to improve network latency
- New exterior security cameras placements will
be put into operation as well as existing placements revamped.
report of the completed summer workload will be included in the September Board
- Through its coordination of Pentamation, this
department continues to be busy with yearend closeout activities and the
preparation for the yearend rollover of our Pentamation Student
- As you know, throughout the year the district
submits various reports to the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). For example, below is a list of approaching
reports that are due within weeks of each other:
Technical Education Student and Course data submission
Annual ADM 05-06
- Pentamation update (continued) –
of these reports are derived from the information we input into Pentamation. Minor changes have occurred within the reporting
requirements of ODE. These changes have
resulted in the necessity for updating several data tables and values within
Pentamation. Working with our core
Pentamation users we are in the process of updating these key points.
- Financial Services will be upgrading from
Pentamation’s Open Series to Pentamation’s Finance PLUS in July. We anticipate a smooth transition.
- It is an understatement to say that the end of
the year is a busy time for school staff.
The district’s core Pentamation users are a diligent group.
District-wide and ongoing
technology budget • Technology maintenance and upkeep
Curriculum support • Staff training on District’s technology