PREPARING STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS
NOTICE OF SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2009
call to order….6:30
01. Discussion, 2009-2010 Board Goals
02. Adjourn Board Work Session
WEDNESDAY August 12, 2009
CALL TO ORDER...7:00
01. Action, establish a quorum.
02. Pledge of Allegiance.
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS AND PRESS
03. Visitors wishing to address the School Board are asked to fill out a form found at the room entrance and to give the completed information to the Board Chair. Other visitors are asked to sign in.
04. Action, approve agenda/add items.
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
05. Action, approve June 17th minutes.
06. Information, Trustees Reports.
07. Information, Supervisors Reports.
08. Information, Student Representative Report. (If available)
09. Information, Business Manager Report.
10. Information, Superintendent Report.
12. Action, Board organization/resolutions.
Page two, August 2009 Agenda
13. Action, 2009-2010 Committee assignments:
a. Negotiations/Labor Management, standing committee
b. Policy, standing
c. PR/City Committee, (per 2009-2010 School District Goals).
d. ARC (Athletic Review Committee)
14. Action, Personnel Report.
15. Action, Review and post revisions to policies EEAC – School Bus Safety Program,
JHCD-AR - Administering Noninjectable Medicines to Students.
16. Discussion, Preliminary AYP/Annual assessment report.
17. Action, Approve list of compensated committees.
18. Action, Review and approve Board/Superintendent Goals for 2009-2010.
19. Review and post CCI-PE (Commitment to Continuous Improvement through Performance Evaluation).
20. Discussion, Request by City of
21. Action, approve purchase of a new bus for $112,314 and accompanying lease purchase for $53,571.72.
22. Action, Approve the contract of $55,359.76 to Atlas track;
Approve contract of $380,507 to Batzer, Inc. for construction of the fields;
Approve contract of $326,368 to ProGrass for the turf.
Approve purchase order to Atlas Track for $55, 360.
23. Action, Approve corporate sponsorship policy.
24. Discussion, Finance Committee charge regarding 2010-11 budgets.
August 3 OSBA Goal Setting work session with Creswell Board of Directors and Superintendent – 6:00 PM in Board Room
August 3-5 Superintendent’s Summer Institute – Supt/Principal team to attend
August 12 Administrative/Superintendent’s Cabinet planning retreat
August Regular School Board meeting
August 31 Staff Welcome Back Breakfast at CHS @ 7:45 AM – Kick-off for 2009-2010
August 31-Sept 3 Staff In-service/Professional Development
Sept 4 Unpaid Holiday
Sept 7 Holiday for all staff
Sept 8 1st day of School
Sept 9 September Board Meeting
*School board may revise these dates.
BOARD REQUESTS for next meeting
Time of adjournment: ______________
School Board Contact: Marilyn Cruzan, Board Secretary 895-6000